12.19.2006

the fourth night

On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me
a laundry bag under the tree
On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me 2 Tide detergents
and a laundry bag under the tree
On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me 3 rolls of quarters, 2 Tide detergents and a laundry bag under the tree
On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 4 fabric softeners, 3 rolls of quarters, 2 Tide detergents and a laundry bag under the tree.
On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me 5 mismatched so-o-o-cks. . .
etc.
12 washers washing
11 shirts a sudsing
10 jeans a spinning
9 tighty whities
8 colored t-shirts
7 ripe bandanas
6 driers drying
5 mismatched so-o-o-cks . . .

3 comments:

Claudia said...

What a response! Guess we won't go for the video version.

Anonymous said...

Times are tough, babe. Everyone is outside enjoying the global warming patterns.

Anonymous said...

4 pan-handlers begging
3 cups of coffee
2 credit cards maxed out
and a last minute gift of hoisary-e