3.28.2016

the usual easter rant

Just about every year (Feel free to check back! I've been doing this dumb blog for my 20 readers for over a decade now! Not that you would know they ever look at the thing by the number of comments!), I go on a rant about Easter. To me it is a myth pasted on top of a fertility festival, and that anyone could believe in the literal version of this myth is inconceivable to me.
   The underlying truths are deeply meaningful to humans, however. We all need to believe that resurrection, rebirth and rejuvenation are possible. And they seem particularly possible in spring, when birds are nesting and seeds are being planted and we are all shaking off the torpor of winter. So let's go for it! Start all over again! Break the mold! Take the egg as your model!

No comments: