1.26.2006

ford's fengshui

rivergate
The cruise control can sometimes spontaneously burst into flames, even when the engine is turned off. Having the recall attended to semed like a fine idea, particularly while I was on jury duty and could not move the truck for alternate side of the street parking.
The valet parkers took the truck, and I strolled onto the sales floor. They had fengshui-ed the place with an aquarium on both floors, but it clearly hasn't been working. I took the truck in on the day Ford announced plant closings and the laying off of 30,000 workers.
I walked down the river to pick it up (above). They fixed the cruise control for nothing but noted a number of other things that needed to be done totalling $1000. Upper control arm r & r ($410), wheel alignment ($183), wiper blades ($59!), coolant flush ($180) and fuel/emission flush (clean jets? $177).
Just put $3000 into the thing last summer. My feeling is that if I have this work done, I might as well buy a new truck. While there's still a Ford Motor Co.

4 comments:

Wolfen said...

Cheeper to drive to 'Bama and muy a new one!

DaDa said...

They are hosing you, big time, perhaps not for the control arms, although I am not even certain about that (speak to the service place where you had the 3K work done0, but without a doubt for all else. Pretty soon there will be no Fords for them to work on so they must have a ton of stuff they have to get rid of on the unsuspecting.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Wolfen. We could all go in April or May.

"Sweet Truck Alabama." Haven't I heard that song somewhere before?

Anonymous said...

Ah, please to correct lady. Is "Sweet Heart Alabama."

Li drive very fine, also new, Abraham Lincoln.

As Boss say "my door open but ride not free, so Goddess climb in."