1.22.2006

driving me coco

Another e mail from my Asian friends. . .

Dear Auntie Claudia,

I can assure you that not only Mrs. Li exist, so does Coco Li, aka, daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Li. My mom and I, with a bit influence of Merlot, had a long heart-to-heart chat last night with regard to my father's indecipherable infatuation for blondes over internet. My mom told me that my father had never seen a Blondie before he left Chengdu, China in the early 1980s but soon after he arrived in the States, he had long been poisoned by the decadent, capitalist fleshy publication which is as easily accessable and affordable as a bowl of Chinese noodle soup in Chinatown. I do not agree with my mom that he needs therapy. Beneath his quiet facade, he's actually quite likeable, intelligent and articulate. I do not mind that he uses my computer but I don't like the cookies he has attracted to my laptop. He does monitor his stocks but both my mom and I know very well that his AOL stock really sucks.

cocoli

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah! At last, I can place myself, as an author and creator, among the immortals!

Margaret Mitchell, Bram Stoker, Charles Dickens...stand aside. You have given the world Rhett and Scarlett, Dracula and David Copperfield.

But I have given the world Mr. Li.