1.18.2006

and she shopped


This is Jay doing what she does so well at a really nice store called Really Great Things which is really nearby or I really wouldn't have been in the store at all. The really best thing about the store is the mother-daughter team who run the place, Rande and Bernice. Jay liked a lot of the clothes but being as she doesn't do as much black tie these days said that the Prada flats and wool jacket by Junya Watanabe for Comme Des Garcons that she had already bought at serious discounts were more practical. Barely, in my opinion.
It had never occurred to me that Rande at Really Great Things would zero in on me when I let fall that Wolfen's wedding dress was similar to one of those shown—I haven't been fashionable in years.
"My mother and sister are making the dress," I hastened to explain.
"Her dress," said Rande. "I'm talking about your dress."
"My dress?" I asked. "I haven't worn a dress since. . ." Hmm. Probably since Jay's son (my stepson) got married.
"You have to wear a dress to honor Wolfen," said Jay.
"I don't know that Wolfen will consider it an honor," I said. "But I'll do whatever she wants, of course."
Jay and I xeroxed site plans on the way home. And we watched Love Monkey (see reviews on last blog entry), and then she packed up her treasures into rather more pieces of luggage than I own. At 6:30 ayem, Jay and Mr. Classical got into their cab, leaving behind a small furry puddle flattened to the floor who didn't want to go for his walk.
"What's wrong with Moxie?" I asked Antonia, as she headed off for another day of shooting Love Monkey.
"He's been like this since they picked up their suitcases," she said. "He's depressed."
Moxie and I went back to bed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, My, God. I am sick with jealousy. You think YOU blew it by not going to the biker bar?

I coulda been shopping with J, instead of fighting with the NPS.

My life sucks! Well, today, anyway.

Anonymous said...

Yes, and I hope you have the decency to wear a girdle and a little make-up to Wolfen's Big Day.

A little example setting here, please!

Wolfen said...

Ywah...and use a padded hanger, puh-lease!

Anonymous said...

I'm , like, so what did you think of Love Man? I mean, Love Primate? I mean, couldn't Antonia get them to change the name?

How about "CSI, Mon Amour?"

Aside from the fact there were no corpses...what did you think, ladies?

Anonymous said...

Most of the ladies, and the gents, according to the overnights (early ratings, for those of you who don't know the lingo) between 18 and 40-something went for it. Stacked up No. 2 for the time slot.
Personally I was unable to hear the repartee due to low volume (Deb was abed) and chatting by me, the Fourth Floor Web Guy and Jay. Not ideal circs, but without a TV I take what I can get at ten o'clock at night. Jay felt that the first scene, where the guy gets fired, was straight out of Jerry McGuire. I felt that, although I supposedly live in the same town and hang with members of this age group (late 20ish), the TV versions were unrecognizable to me. Dinner parties? Big apartments? Perhaps I don't know enough Trustafarians.