1.30.2006

happy new year of the dog

According to the Phillipine Daily Inquirer, Year of the fire Dog will bring a period of optimism, industry, growth and regeneration. Idealism will trump cynicism, fidelity, deceit and true leadership will take over from cockiness (last year was the Year of the Cock—no big surprise). There will be peace and harmony in the home, romance may appear unexpectedly and people who had never considered settling down will do so.
It is also a very good year for Tigers to build and invest in real estate.
But I knew that. Check out your future in DOG YEARS

10 comments:

DaDa said...

Yesterday was the Day of the Dog, as I went to Jack's (Rick having flown to Montev to take care of selling their place down there, and leaving Jack to settle the puppy business) to pick out and bring home one wire hair dachshund. I was not up all night because I was trying to come up with a name. Today I am trying to keep the puppy, who Simon calls Jack, awake more during daylight hours and I am trying to keep Simon from staying in the wire crate I bought the day before yesterday in last minute frantic anticipation of this adventure. The Sunday paper I have to read on my hands and knees, what's left of it. Oh joy. Year of the Dog? I hope to make it through Week of the Dog. And this was my idea. Jack took a pic of me and the dog to send to Rick, and sent a copy to me which I can send to you if this works out.

Claudia said...

I just got rid of my dog, and not a moment too soon. They stay puppies for a couple years!

Claudia said...

Hey! The ads are advertising Havanese pups and dog training! Heh heh.

Anonymous said...

Dear DaDa: Maybe C can puppy sit next spring. Kids love her, babies love her, dogs love her. May is only a breath away.

Ya'll hear that, C?

Claudia said...

Yeah. Did you know that Rick and Jack were selling the place in Uruguay?

Anonymous said...

No! Where will they stay when they go to buy stuff?

Damn. I was hoping to visit them. After I get out of the Federal pen, that is.

DaDa said...

Puppy slept through the night or at least I did. Am seeking help with name.

Claudia said...

Simon says, name it. . .

Claudia said...

"Jack!"

Anonymous said...

Jack is pretty good, but if you're dead set against it, how about Ernest?