12.12.2005

it's a foundation

Dear Mr. Mason, Remember? The last time you were building piers on my place it was 9/11, and I was crazed to get back to New York.
As you can see, there are a lot of piers. Do you remember what brick we used before? Maybe I can find it in my files.
The design shows two stacked fireplaces. I was thinking of small, shallow fireplaces, maybe a 30-inch downstairs and a 24-inch upstairs. Do you know anything about Rumford fireplaces? People tell me they are the way to go SEE PICTURE I’m not familiar with code on BI for fireplaces. Better give me a price on just one, as well, as I may have to bag the upstairs one due to cost. Since the chimney runs inside the house, my bro said you would likely have to build in stages. Check out these WAY COOL CHIMNEY POTS.
I am hoping to get my final approval from CRMC in February. I would start as soon as weather permits. Some site work (i.e. clearing) will be done by the septic designer, but of course I want to disturb the surrounding land as little as possible.
A surveyor will be marking the corners of the building soon. Is there anything more you need done?
I’m so happy this is working out. Hopefully there won’t be any major national disasters during this project.

No comments: