12.20.2005

escape from new york

Left the city at 6 ayem, a transit strike underway. Police cars blocked the West Side highway southbound at 96th Street, and already the cars were stopped for miles. Only cars with more than four people were able to proceed to midtown.
I was headed north with a truckload of presents and doors. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. But I regretted it. I love New York during a disaster. Blizzard, blackout, terrorist attack, transit strike—it shouldn't be, but somehow it can be fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come home. Cars desperately needed. You could cruise around and rescue cute New Yorkers in distress. (I'll help you pick them out.)

It'll be fun. More fun than Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Come to my Estate. My chauffeur will take your mind off all the drama you're missing in N.Y.C. Actually, forget the chauffeur.

My brother is here.

Anonymous said...

This strike very good thing for Mr. Li.

When unable to go here and elsewhere, peoples instinct to spend money in one spot.

Sales through roof at House of Li.

Li will be buy nice vacance home in Catskills. For future wife and Li jr.