3.30.2015

wanted: iranian art expert

Coffee house painting
A friend is interested in loaning or selling this piece of folk art. She bought it in Iran in about 2000. A coffee house painting is typically a backdrop for traveling theater companies in Iran, and apparently they have become quite valuable and collectible. The question is—to whom? She is looking for that collector because she is selling the house she bought specifically because it had a wall that would accommodate the 12-foot canvas. Also, the newlywed said, "I like it better than my wife." I had to read that sentence twice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take it on loan. I have a nice giant wall with 13' ceilings where the only thing hanging is a pickle.

CBA said...

You might ask Leili. I bet she has someone in her family that could work with the owner. As I understand it, she is coming back from Iran this week.. give her a call.

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

my thoughts exactly...I left a message with Ballard about this painting...