3.27.2015

the car life

Those of us who live in New York City don't typically think in terms of automobiles unless we're obsessing about parking. But for people in other places, especially parents, the car is a second home. I babysat in mama's car while she had a haircut, and we had snacks, a meal, playtime and naps during that period. And then I picked up my car, which I had about forgot how to drive. Since I am departing New York, I will be living in it for the foreseeable future. But all I need is a cooler, some bananas and a bunch of stray chairs.

3 comments:

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

this photo is most confusing to me...where does your body fit in this car? what kind of car is this? is that not Miss Lynn in the way back seat? are you in RI or in NY?

Claudia said...

It's a Toyota SUV with 6 seats in three rows. I am in the front, Lynn is in the back, and the kids are in the middle. I was in RI but as of Sat ayem am en route to my Ozark Mountain Home

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

now it all makes sense...thanks!