1.09.2010

winter dreams


Dream 1 I crawled up a branch of the huge oak. It reached a leaf down to my hand to help me climb higher. There was trouble in the forest, and the oak gave me two of its ready-to-fall leaves for the fight. I clung to the rough bark. A whispering came through the trees, "They come. They come." I clutched the leaves. I was ready.
Dream 2 The tide was very high, and the ocean came up to the porch. Nearby, a dolphin sounded and arced back into the water.
Dream 3 The Andrews family had made the cover of People magazine, including historical photos and current pix of each, and I got so excited that I grabbed two copies off the newsstand and forgot to pay for them.

4 comments:

Kathleen Mock said...

Dream 1 - Are we in the land of Pandora now that you go to the movies again?
Dream 2 - Definitely comes from the floods last year that almost made your beach houses literally on the beach. I think Eva is the dolphin that sounded.
Dream 3 - As you say -- we all get our news for free now.

cba said...

It's o.k., babe. The copies are on me.

Dianne said...

You need to try to finish that first dream; I want to know the outcome!

neruda said...

obviously the leaf thing is from Avatar...and you should have interviewed the Andrews when you had the chance...I think cba will fill the bill