1.27.2010

city girl


I have been hanging out with a pretty exclusive crowd lately. Luncheon today. Dinner at the house above on Friday. It's a never ending social whirl.
The truth is, they feel sorry for me, a city girl stuck out here in God's country. Or they pretend to, anyway. "Come on over when you start to feel like you're reliving Deliverance," one says. Or, "If you start to hear the opening bars of 'Dueling Banjos' wafting up from the valley, give a call and we'll drive you to the airport."
They've never been to my place in the Ozarks, which makes Talladega look like Paris.
I'm the understudy here, though. They miss the principal player. And when she returns next week, I'll pack up my carpetbag and slink back up to the bright lights of Broadway.

2 comments:

neruda said...

Sounds like you are having a gay old time...speaking of Paris we are headed over in March...ready to look at some kind of art...

Claudia said...

They got it there!