3.07.2009

sweet home alabama


So far, two mice have lost their lives, five dogs have been covered with mud, one sunburn acquired and one pork butt been sampled. And this is just day two. Much more fun to come! But very hard to post about. Right now the computer is resting on the windowsill of the driver's side of the truck in the parking lot of the Heritage Hill Museum. And, my Yankee brothers and sisters, it is hot!
The brake lines have been checked again, and Wylie's Brakes and Tires (doing me a favor on account of being the daughter of "Snake Doctor," above) says there is nothing whatsoever wrong with them bar a little mud. So I don't know what that tow truck guy was talking about.
The maginoshas are blooming, and I've gotta head back out the Rendalia Motorway through the red dirt cotton fields to the piney woods. Mo' later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spy narcissus and a great hat on your father.

Anonymous said...

Looks like someone is relaxed and not paranoid.
Real sweet picture. You're making wish I was back in sweet hot Alabama!

I knew something was fishy about that brake line story. Twice you were feed that story. Good thang "Snake Doctor" has some clout down there or a dumb blond could be taken advantage of there too. Were you wearing your glasses!

Anonymous said...

I thought you were in Missouri.

Listen: This PT Cruiser I'm renting is one of my favorite cars of all time. God, I wish it were mine.

WHAT didn't you like about it?

Incredible traction, fun to drive, great sound system, 31mpg.

I'm going to see if I can buy it.

Maybe it was, for you, a question of image??

Love to Jan and the Doctor.

Erin said...

Dahlin, start the mule and take a ride for MG.

Anonymous said...

wonderful portrait of your pa.....glad you are not in danger of driving with no brakes...there really is no way of stopping you...brakes or no brakes..down in de deep hot south...just back from de deep hot west indies...