3.18.2009

way cool

I have decided to think of residence here as a conceptual art piece. And you can tell from all the pictures that I’m excited about my Frigidaire. I mean, the cooler was working ok, but the refrigerator is better. Yes, like everything else here, it is marginal and needs work. And yes, Erin, it is far from green. It was $60 at the junk store . With a few carefully edited pieces of extant décor, it looks great. My thought is to create little corners that please me, like this one, and spread them out until they meet, Unfortunately, everything still requires a lot of mopping.



6 comments:

Claudia said...

BTW, when I said I was looking for a fridge that looks like an old Buick, you can see I wasn't far wrong. According to the logo, Frigidaire is a GM product.

Anonymous said...

I take it the kitchen is on the ground floor or at least the fridge is.....hope you had some help lifting that baby she don't look too light weight...stil life and light very nice...what's the plant in the vase?

Anonymous said...

oh yeah I forgot to say I blogged new paintings of st croix..check it out..turquois water galore

Claudia said...

Wonderful pix, Kate. Hope you had a good time on vac. CBA said you were stll ill.

Anonymous said...

If I can't have the fossilized shell, can I have the cat?

I have several storage lockers full of stuff in Georgia, you know.

I have a beauty of a refridgerator, a circa 1940 Frigidaire, that John and I found at the dump on Block Island. I know you have one inside, but you need one outside. For the cold ones, babe.

And lots of linens. A nice hamster cage.
All free to the right party. I could so, like bring them to you when Dakota and I drive up. Or over, as the case may be.

I got some nice french doors. Need doors?

Stuff city, me.

Anonymous said...

I so covet your Frigidaire! I looked for one in Alabama and the junk places don't have them. They are illegal to sell and they crush them. Please don't lock yourself in it by mistake. I also commend you on your diligence in maintaining your blog under the technical difficulties and remote town you've camped down in.
BTW. When you do pack and take off to the big apple, empty that dinosaur and unplug it. I think you know why.