3.27.2009

forecast: rain


This is the only gas station in about 15 miles, so Thomasville residents were understandably bummed when the pinochle-playing owner shut down two weeks ago, just as I took ownership of the Goose. Fortunately, there is said to be new ownership—"meth addicts," according to one resident. Of course, he calls everyone he doesn't like a meth addict, so I don't know that this is factual. We are happy to have hi-test available again.
And the forecast is for a lot of rain. Last night we had quite a bit, with the only result that I could see a mysterious small puddle in the middle of the kitchen floor and a large red worm. Maybe a red wriggler, or maybe just a blushing earthworm. It did not know what it was doing there. Given the prediction of an inch tonight and possible snow (!) tomorrow, I think I'll cook up some soup. I was planning to cook meth, but soup sounds better today.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes but meth means youwill finish faster.

Anonymous said...

No, no, no!

Put the worm on a hook and catch a catfish. Cook that, not that pantywaist soup.

I thought you'd gone country.

Now I have my doubts.

I bet you didn't even listen to "Table for Two" yet.

Anonymous said...

Rain? Snow? Where's the nearest hotel?

Anonymous said...

Better listen to cut #8 on Jackson Browne's third album.

That's "Before the Deluge".

Erin said...

That would be the cut after "Wormdrops Keep Falling on my Head."

otra rubia said...

Wormdrops Keep Falling on my Head.

That's pretty funny! Got anymore?

cba said...

I could so buy this place. I've never owned a gas station.

It would be a well-rounded sort of thing for me to do.

But maybe it's too far from the Goose.

Claudia said...

It's about three derelict houses down. Right next to the Back Home Cafe.