3.28.2009

little meth lab on the prairie


This reminds me of how we used to do dishes at Hannah's Honeymoon Hideaway. There, we didn't have a sink; here, we don't have drains. Ah, pioneering!
So there has been a deluge last night and this morning. The buckets were all ready, but I was too comfy to get up and check what was happening. Nothing was happening. Not a drop has come into the house so far. But about six more worms did. I thought worms liked rain. Or maybe the birds are leaving them in thanks for the grass seed I spread.
Also in the pioneering spirit, 1/75th of the population of Thomasville will be turning off the lights for Earth Hour at 8:30 tonite. Of course, some of us here don't have power to shut off.

1 comment:

cba said...

The whole thing sounds positively biblical to me.

Like the Miracle of the Worms and Dishes.

Be that as it may, you've upset MY chemistry today. I realize you now have more real estate interests than I do.

You own three houses, and have a rental apartment.

I only own two houses, and have a rental house.

If I buy the gas station, we'll be even.

Then I won't have to go back to Pretenses.