3.09.2020

magical or mundane

So this post is about cropping pictures. I skidded to a stop on my way up the canyon to a fab wok cookout at Cassells' place when I saw the rainbow. This may be rainbowland, but on the dry side of the island, not so much. I was in the middle of the road, and the thing was fading, so I didn't really take my time making the snap. I took three pix, and the rainbow was strongest in this frame. When I got back to the shack, I cropped out the road and the levee and the car and the trailers, to leave only the rainbow and the canyon. But you know what? I kind of like the full frame that marries the magical with the mundane. That's how life is. What do you think?

4 comments:

Christian said...

I kind of like the mix.

Pretty as a picture you can get any day.


Too bad no junkyard dogs in the foreground.

Peter Meyer said...

Im a mundaner--and i'm not a robut

Monte Davis said...

Go for the mashup every time

Ivy said...

I have a cut crystal dangling in my bathroom window that gets hit by afternoon sun, so I see dozens of little rainbows on my wall, on my tiles, in my bathtub, on my face standing at the mirror. They never cease to amaze me!
But that's a big'un!