3.12.2020

polihale

 The road to Polihale is long and bumpy, as is only appropriate for the road that leads to the House of Death. Hawaiians used to be buried here in the dunes. They must have thought they had died and gone to heaven. No, wait, they already lived in heaven. Anyway Polihale is the closest to heaven I've been, the the waves deserve the the House of death title. Enter at your own risk. I used to, 50 years ago, but can't even make it across the expanse of soft sand without destroying my knee, never mind into the water.
   My stepson, Adam, seems to me making headway as the defense to an accused Russian hacker. Here is the latest. And some background.
It's a very wide beach. I lived on it with Laura and two gay guys for several months.


3 comments:

Christian said...

Remember when we were all there about 30 years ago? That would be you, me, John, Douglas and I think Hannah was about 5? I swam straight into the breakers and thought if I swam out beyond them I could do my usual 1 mile exercise swim? I think I ended up about a 1/2 a mile south of my starting point before I could even get back to shore. Forget the exercise part... it was more of a Live or Die-ercise.

And to think I thought I was invincible based on years of year round swimming in the North Atlantic. Humility.. humility. The Pacific Ocean is a Mighty Jesus.

Four or perhaps five people drowned in the waters off Kauai that year,

Claudia said...

I only swim at the baby beach at Hanapepe anymore. If you can call it swim. More like wallowing.

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

Lots going on here...the trial ..the trials....the wide beach. the strong current. life death disease wow really complex times. a "Mighty Jesus" I like that reference.