3.19.2020

nodistance v distance

Hanging with friends for St. Pat's

Jimmy got in one last luau before the river flooded.
Two nights ago I was celebrating St. Patrick's Day at Wranglers with a group of friends. Last night I got a message that Kauai was instituting a curfew from 9 pm to 5 am in the likely vain hope that they can get people here to stay out of trouble. The mayor also asked that no tourists arrive and that all nonessential flights be cancelled. I got a message from Hawaiian Airlines that my flight times had been changed (for the same day in April). They asked that I not call or go to the airport for three days if I wanted to change those reservations. Then I saw the "y'all better get home" message from the President. I'm not sure if he knows that Hawaii is part of the U.S.
Davy, who remembers me from childhood (his).

Jun. I just liked his beard.
 Hanging out with new friends and old despite floods and incipient famine and disease and lack of toilet paper seemed fine until I couldn't be sure I could get home. But what home? The folks on Block Island don't want me, I am sure. I don't want to go to New York right now, nor do I want to endanger my family members. Perhaps the best thing would be to fly into Boston, get into my truck without nodding to my sister and drive directly to Missouri, where I can hermit until known to be safe.
   Thank you for helping me think that through. I am flying to Boston on Sunday.
   Oy and aloha.
A neighbor's yard.

No comments: