3.06.2012

unseasonably warm

The tigers were out at the zoo, and so were the snowdrops. And the daffodils. Hoping that it doesn't get too cold again as I'm planning to open Block Island early this year.
     Meanwhile,  the temps have been just as unpredictable in the Ozarks. Herewith a report:
    "Yesterday it was 65 and sunny. I got some welding done. I was repairing a four-foot harrow that had been lying around in the junk pile. So I'm cutting with a wheel on my grinder and start smelling something burning.  First it was my welding glove, then I saw my pants were on fire over my left pocket where the sparks had been hitting. I couldn't get my pants off over my boots, so I doused my pants with water!  What a hoot!
  "Today the wind is blowing from the north, and it's 35 but feels like ZERO! It's too windy and cold to mess much outside other than feed the cows, water the greenhouse and see what plants are peeking out of the ground."

No comments: