3.07.2012

sins of the mothers

"Thank goodness my kid isn't doing what I was doing when I was 20!"
    In our early twenties, before we met, CBA was Killer Kate, dancing in a topless bar and working on a fishing boat in Alaska, and I was working in Dottie's Bar and living nude on a beach in Hawaii, taking LSD every full moon—both of us as far away from our homes as we could get and still be in the U.S. (It annoys people in Hawaii when you say, "Back in the States." Maybe in Alaska, too. I wouldn't know as it's the only one of the 50 states I've never visited.) And let's not even talk about the inappropriate boyfriends readily available in the 49th and 50th states. . .
    Then we both had daughters who, so far, have gone nowhere near as close to the edge as we did, thank fortune. And, for Camilla's sake (here with her greatgreatgreatgreat, I think, aunt Claudia Glenn), let's hope bad behavior doesn't skip generations.

8 comments:

Catherine said...

Yo.

Don't worry. If Camilla starts to act like you when she's 18, I'll take over and teach her everything I know.

But we have hope. I think Hannah was a little wild (just a little) for a brief period of time. So maybe things will skip three generations instead.

Ivy said...

I have one traditional daughter and one wild daughter. They say second children take on the traits that are left over-- the ones not taken by the first child.

Claudia said...

Me and B never had the second daughter, so we wouldn't know!

otra rubia said...

On to more important matters: Are you going to be able to play wwf from Mexico?

Claudia said...

Yes! All I need is wifi, and wifi I got! You're doing damn well for a newbie. . .

CatieScarlett said...

this is why I'm the "crazy family stories" girl at school...

Claudia said...

O lucky Scarlett! You have what my inebriated Japanese gambler acquaintance called a "souvenir story."

Claudia said...

Abundanza!