12.15.2009

summer's coming


Winter isn't even here yet (this pic taken by brother John last year), but summer rentals on Block Island are already booking up—a month earlier than usual. Weeks at Hannah's Hideaway (left) are almost gone, but rentals at Claudia's Surf City lag. Apparently people aren't as into the rustic chic thing as the chic chic thing.
What can I do to make Claudia's (which I consider almost perfect) rent better? It already has nice bathrooms and the best shower in the world. I suppose I could switch out the windows, add an upstairs balcony, put in insulation and dry wall.
Still, I keep thinking: hot tub. . .
What would you do?

6 comments:

neruda said...

be grateful you have such a wonderful house and don't worry,be happy, it's a cool place just the way it is....or pour a lot of $ into the joint and have fun RENOVATING

Anonymous said...

You have a comparison problem One house is new the other old. people staying for a week or two know newer means less problems than old and opt for the newer building. Ask the agent to show then separately and eliminate the option. Hot tubs etc won't address the problem but ould be fun.

Kathleen Mock said...

I don't want anything to change.

Dianne said...

OHHHHHHH, if I could rent the all brick, 3,000 sq. feet, geo-thermal heat Koshkonong place with 80 acres for $4,000 for THREE MONTHS I'd be a happy camper...let alone for ONE WEEK!!!!

Phill said...

How about offering to schedule guest appearances by local 'celebrities' and characters. You've got a big cast.

neruda said...

personally , I'm leaning towards...be true to yourself....don't sell out....is it good enough for you? and I agree don't describe them as "new" and "old"