12.24.2009

no fruitcake

I'm having a problem with the fruitcake thing. I know they have fallen from favor. Everybody talks about tossing fruitcakes in the trash and how everyone hates them. Well, I do not.
Fruitcakes used to simply appear during the holidays. I have this one friend that used to sometimes send me fruitcakes from Assumption Abbey in Ava, Mo. I think they were my favorites ever. Or maybe I was just older, and this fruitcake thing comes on with age. So this year I finally caved and went on line. I was actually going to purchase one for myself. It seems that not only has Assumption Abbey been picked up by Williams-Sonoma, but the monks (all four of them?) have also had a fire in the kitchen. No fruitcakes until March. March? Who wants a fruitcake in March?
So I am putting out a plea: If you are about to throw a fruitcake in the trash, think of me.

6 comments:

Mr. Li said...

Li has break long silence to fly to Goddess's side.

Please to meet United flight 505 arriving JFK airport this Christian Holy Day at 9:45 p.m.

Li is bring special cake made by Li and fellow monks at Lhasa monastery.

Is for to die, this cake!

Kyle Li said...

You want Fruitcake, you got Fruitcake.

Yo, dude. I am so cheezin' at the thought.

Dianne said...

Sorry about the monks, but glad Mr. Li is coming to the rescue!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! (A white one here, is it still for you?)

Claudia said...

Honored friend Li:
Alas will not be able to meet plane. Stop. In (very white) Rhode Island. Stop. Please leave fruitcake with doorman.

Mr. Li said...

Is fitting. Li understands Lady's hidden message.

Perhaps Lady has refused Li in past, fearing Li likes doormen. But Li is Ladies Man, one lady only.

I take your lead, Lady. Stop. Many times has Li listened to Mr. Idol.

Mr. Idol says "It nice day for white wedding. I been away for so long. It nice day to start again."

Please to meet Li at Green Airport Saturday charter flight from JKF at 11:23 am, baggage claim dept.

Claudia said...

So sorry. Back in New York now.