12.01.2009

the joiner


Yes, it's that time of year again, the time of year when I reexamine my club memberships.
Note bene: Memberships, plural.
Never let it be said that I am as inflexible in my principles as I am in my joints: I have joined a gym. Yesterday.
As for the Explorer's Club, I have worried this decision at great and boring length before. If I can make a reservation there for my 60th birthday party a year hence, I will reup for a year. If not, I will just go to the gym so I can live that long.

7 comments:

cba said...

Well, you'd better. Live that long.
I'm heavily invested in you.

Like, who do you know who isn't?

Now me, I used to be a member of The National Trust. The Georgia Trust, The Wilderness Society, The Nature Conservancy, The Environmental Defense Fund, and The Defenders of Wildlife.

In the salad days. Not that I know what that means.

I just renewed my membership in the NRA. They're offering a really cool tote bag with the $25 fee.

So shoot me. It's all I can afford at the moment.

Claudia said...

The counter doesn't seen to be showing that there are comments on this post.

DaDa said...

In England, you'd be a woodworker who specializes in cabinetry, doors and windows.

Claudia said...

Why?

Claudia said...

Oh: Joiner. Duh.

Erin said...

I, too, have memberships. Like in the Pollen People. But we have no membership cards, only dirty fingernails. Perhaps I should raise it at the next board meeting.

neruda said...

did you make it to the second annual ocean forum at the E Club on the 7th? sounded pretty interesting....just like you..