6.12.2018

roadtrip with ping 2

 Thank fortune(or excellent planning) California surfer Nano was in New York to help us load and secure the sofa and our bitsand bobs. And then, at the last minute, the building guys at 98 Riverside showed me a piece of furniture they had been saving for me that I just couldn't pass up, despite the fact that it will likely barely fit in the Goose. So we had a load and a half when we pulled out of Nazareth at 10:13 ayem, only an  hour later than I had planned.
 We blasted through New Jersey and were almost to Harrisburg, Pa.,when Ping decided she needed more sustenance than the edamame, carrots, cucumbers, pomegranate, blueberriers and bread she had already eaten, whereupon she saw an Arby's sign (did you realize that meant "RB," for roast beef?) and we screeched to a halt. Me more than her, because as I stepped back to get this picture, I tripped over a curb and fell on my ass.
We wound up in some town between Columbus and Dayton, Ohio, at Rudy's bbq. The pulled pork and ribs were delicious, the veg inedible. And then to bed.

2 comments:

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

I only have one question...are you OK? Ass falling is no small matter after a certain point in life....

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

Oh yeah and let's see the piece of furniture up close!