5.18.2014

beatles and birthdays

Actually, this year is the 50th anniversary of the Beatles' first U.S. tour.  And today is the birthday of our own CBA, who made and hung this sign at the Beatles' Carnegie Hall concert in 1964. Today she is offering it up on eBay for $15,000 or so bucks. Here is the link, if you want to get in on the bidding. I am just amazed she still has it.
   "It has spent the majority of the last 50 years stored in my father's studio in Ridgefield, Connecticut," she writes. "In 1964 I had no idea that the Fab Four would become Knights of the Realm, that my father's studio would become a National Historic Site, or that I would pursue careers as a dancer, huntress, fisherman, retailer and writer, ending up in a genteel southern town working as an extra in film and television." Nor did we, but
 WE LOVE YOU CBA!"

5 comments:

D.R. said...

I believe in yesterday

CBA said...

Thank you, C.

Loved the phone message. Loved the blog.

Remember what we were talking about the other day when I was bemoaning the passage of all the years.. and you said I shouldn't be sad, since I was still one of the most charming people you knew? I suppose charm, unlike looks, does not necessarily disappear with age.

At that time, I couldn't quite put my finger on the quality you possess that draws everyone to you.

I just came to me this morning, as I sat down at the computer to
check your blog, looking forward to the new entry.

You have an inner strength that supports you, and always supports those you know and love.

Your dedication documenting us, and seeing us beyond where we ourselves might think we are, makes you, in many ways, the architect of our lives.

Thank you.

Swampgassy said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Claudia said...

My, what an encomium! Feet of clay, though, Babe.

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

this is all too heavy for me...I want to hold your hand!!!s