7.09.2013

Note humming bird feeder. I will try for the rest of my days here to get a picture of an actual hummingbird but I doubt I will ever succeed. He's not used to seeing me.
   And speaking of trying to capture fleeting things, here is a video of Donna Ferrato's Love and Intimacy workshop in Venice this past March.
   One feature of my ruralization is that here in the hills and hollers I have much better Internet reception than I do in Block Island or even The City. Maybe noone else uses it? So I can watch video. Here's another on the Making of a Guitar String Bracelet from Hannah's Wear Your Music.
   And finally, for those of you who were interested in the Sherpa/climber controversy on Everest this season, you might want to read the New Yorker piece from the point of view of the climber and the British Mountaineering Council's interview with my friend Russell Brice on the Sherpas' point of view.  No video on these. But a reminder that the truth, in photographs or writing or in life, is as hard to capture as a hummingbird.

No comments: