7.12.2013

i hate cats

This cat's name is Tripod, for obvious reasons. He or she sort of belongs to the kids next door. But they have been gone for several days, so when I try to do anything outside, the cat rubs my ankles (and transfers chiggers to me) and meows. And when I am inside it lies on the doorstep and meows. And when I try to go in or out, it tries to get in. And meows. I have not fed it.
     However, this morning when it had been like three plus days since my neighbors had been around, the meowing got to me. Obviously this cat can't run down wildlife to eat. So I gave it some chicken. The meowing ceased for a bit but then resumed with more insistent demands to be let inside. Word, Tripod: I too am leaving. Find another sucker.

6 comments:

Nose Bite K. Esq. said...

Madame Dowling: Une fois de plus, il est Nose Bite Kitty. Je suis maintenant représentant M. Trépied, le pauvre chat que vous avez pris dans une fausse gentillesse et maintenant décrié. Nous vous demandons de reprendre immédiatement l'alimentation de nos client, ou face à des accusations d'abandon Reckless, ainsi que la diffamation des espèces.
NBK, Esq.

Dianne said...

Tripod needs to move in with Barrett!!


I will bring some cat food tonight & put it away from your door. The poor thing is obviously hungry.

Claudia said...

Looks like Tripod has found some more suckers already!

otra rubia said...

Which animals do you like?

Claudia said...

I like dogs better than cats. But basically what I don't like is the care of animals. I have enough humans to care for! And I'm not a great caregiver!

Kate Knapp Artist Blog said...

A three legged cat? this is a first for me...many three legged dogs..but first cat...speaking of taking care of...who takes care of the caretaker???