4.01.2013

can you follow this?

I'm not big on putting my personal business in this blog, but. . .
So last week, my ex husband stayed at the New York apartment (which used to be his and is now mine) on Monday, I think. (I'm not there.) On Wednesday, one of my ex-girlfriends stayed there with the woman she dumped me for and the woman the-woman-she-dumped-me-for was marrying. That's them getting married this weekend (above, photo by the ex-girlfriend). Soon, the ex-husband's first ex-wife (I was the second) and her current husband will be staying at the NY apartment.
Is there a way to monetize this? I am in the hospitality business, after all.

10 comments:

Debby said...

I can follow this, but only because we've been friends/neighbors for 30+ years.

Notwithstanding living in the same building -- and knowing all the parties -- I have yet to see any of your guests.

You are a good person to run Claudia's B&B, especially when you're not in NYC. Maybe you need a "rate sheet" on the back of the bathroom door.

Claudia said...

Don't tell the landlord!

cba said...

I have the solution.

It's the only way you will ever be able to a) charge money b) just say "NO!" to your myriad guests.

You can have a heart transplant. Make sure the donor is a skinflint.

Claudia said...

Haha! Tnx, B!

D.R. said...

I just might send you a check 'cause I had such a good laugh reading this.

DaDa said...

Two days later I am still trying to figure this out and I'm one of the characters in this movie script.

Claudia said...

Maybe the way to monetize is a movie script. We all seem to be a lot wilder than The Kids These Days.

Phill said...

friend = free
One 'ex' = $50/night or equivalent
Two 'ex' = $100/night or equivalent
>2 'ex' = $125 or equivalent

It's the 'ex' 'tax'

neruda said...

this sounds like a seriously complicated luxury problem...however a "suggested donation sheet" (senior discounts?) would work, I am sure for all that love you and that would be all...I would be grateful for the opportunity to contribute and enjoy your fab place!(terribly lonely without you)

Monte Davis said...

This was surely a French farce c. 1887