3.25.2013

WITT : the competitors

Note: A pair of ratty hot pads, one water pik broken in transit, a toilet paper holder destined for the trash, an end of an artisenal (sp?) salami brought to NYC from Marin County, and Smoking Baby!
DaDa 
Zebra-coverted I ching found on the side of the road. Actually, the tapa-cloth covered one I found in Hawaii is in NYC. I have two other copies here.
A Mason-Pearson boar bristle brush, large size. Check. Two—one large, one small
Pumice stone. Already here.
Faded flip-flops. Yes. In camo.
Floral Hawaiian shirt in mauve with coconut buttons. Similar.
Wooden chop sticks from Ho Wan on Pell Street, NYC. I wish.
A brown Filson leather back-pocket wallet with curled edges. Well, you know I do, having given it to me!
One spare earring with a missing back. Not. But there is a single cut glass earring I found in the yard here.
A Rolex Oyster Perpetual wristwatch that doesn't keep the right time. You gave me that too.

One sad banana, unpeeled. NO! For the first time in living memory I traveled without a single banana! (Which reminds me to put bananas on the Walmart list.) Also not in the truck: brakes, snow.
Four bags Zabar's dark roast coffee, whole bean. True, though two pounds are ground.
Red polish for toenails. No. Had a manicure in Alabama.
Two worn strips of fabric masquerading as a bathing suit. Won’t be needing those.

Brought seltzer maker from NYC to switch out with one here.

Dianne
 I'd venture to guess DaDa has packed for you before! Sounds right on except he forgot the Zabar's Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  Perfectly true. One for me and one for you.
D.R.
Camo pants, camo shirts, camo gloves, camo hats, camo scarves, camo socks. Thanks to you! Plus camo flipflops. A Texas longhorn cookie cutter (in orange)?  In RI.


Neruda
That's a fine looking piece of fabric...where is it going? Is it a chair??? I am jealous. That’s no piece of fabric! That’s the loveseat from my kitchen, being transported to an upholsterer in Missouri, along with three and a half brahma bull hides I bought in Alabama to cover it with. The fabric shredded. Sigh.

Bo
Hell’s Angel’s vest from East 3rd St. garage sale (winged logo removed). Carhartt sweatshirt.
Torn, creased map (paper) from Texaco Station on 10th Avenue: Route 66 marked in tangerine lipstick. Well, a worn paper road atlas  and Siri. My treasured Esso state maps are safe in NYC.
Corned beef cleaver with shamrock inlay. Alas, just the corned beef! Cooked yesterday. Must buy cabbage at Walmart’s
One (1) dented jerry can. Plenty of dented items all right!
Glitter. No but two gilded lamps made in occupied Japan.
Marvel Mystery Oil-stained repair manual for F-150 from last millennium. Spare engine.  I wish.
Richard Hell’s “I Dreamed I Was A Very Clean Tramp” Bob Dylan’s “The Girl From the Red River Shore.”
Thumbed over, pen-entry, Book of Names and Addresses. Check
Plenty of change for pay phone. In the cupholder.
Ratchet, sockets (SAE), extra spark plugs. No spark plugs. Extra oil on account of you can guess.
S&W Snubby .38 Detective Special. 
Explorer’s Club Swiss Army Pocket knife, emblem worn off.
Ankle holster with silver and turquoise peace symbol. Hammerhead black leather computer case.
Sweet Hitchhiker. Did not see a single hitchhiker the whole way.
Limbo stick and stand. !!!
Crow’s-nest build kit with #6 straw threader. Don’t know what this is but it sounds like it goes up in the air and I would be afraid of it.
Overhead boots with hooks. Ditto.
L.L. Bean stonewashed jeans w/nor’easter cotton. Levis with torn belt loops.
Grit. I hope.
Luck. Definitely! I made it!


Gift from someone's birth mother regifted to me for mysterious reasons.

Claudia
Apparently I threw many things that should have been thown away into a bag  marked Missouri. Also brought here at great gas expense: 1940s lawn chair, a birthday gift; six billed caps for Bear, one with LIFE logo, one from the 1995 London-Mexico rally; Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher by Timothy Egan and an assignment to write about Edward Curtis this week; red duct tape and 25 yards plastic sheeting, now flying around the yard in the flurries; a rusty tea cart that probably should have been left on the street. So now I can throw all this useless shit out here, which means the dumpster in the Walmart parking lot in the dead of night.  And I don’t drive after five. There’s always the bushes. Or Dianne’s trash can.

Who will win?
 Faithful readers, thanks for your contributions. As you can see, Dada has the home team advantage. He knows the reality: I'm not as wild as I want to be. Bo portrays the fantasy Road Warrior. Who will win? And what will they win? Please vote and make suggestions for prizes. Tomorrow, winners will be announced.
 


3 comments:

Roll a Little, Love a Little said...



I got a hot rod Ford, and a two dollar bill
And I know a spot right over the hill
There's soda pop and the dancing's free
So if you wanna have fun, come along with me



Everybody wins today--a great run.

otra rubia said...

I want to ride in Bo's truck!

otra rubia said...

Where'd you get that smokin' Smoking Baby? I am jelly!