3.23.2011

well

Not well. At least, not now. Having gotten a bid that would run me $4000-$5000 if all went well with the well,  it seems too steep to put a deep water well in for my month or so in residence in the Ozarks a year. You pay by the foot, and the 150-foot well of my reckoning is not a given in this neck of the woods. "If I heard that my well was going to cost $5000, I'd be tickled titty pink," says my plumber. "My well is 900 feet deep!" He's talkin' five figures, practically the entire cost of the Goose.
     So, no new well. I'm investigating the possibility of a new pump and tank for better water pressure and continuing to carry in drinking and cooking water.
    Note gallon jugs in the background.


7 comments:

D.R. said...

...and daffodil water too :)

Claudia said...

The daffodil water comes from the tap and from the shallow well. They seem to like it fine. . .

neruda said...

well at least you're well....you had me worried there for a minute

k said...

You got your daffodils. ; )

k said...

You really need to text the water that feeds the tap. It may be just fine and then no need for another.

k again said...

Oh my I've been texting way too much. Do you think you would get an answer? If not then you could test it.

Claudia said...

I got the test kits. No texting here.