7.17.2010

bear tracked



Old Carl passed the word that I was looking for him, so Bear came by. He's been living at his sister's since Christmas doing odd jobs. (Read: Has no money.) Says he might need to find work. He quit drinking.
He went out to his old red truck and brought in his arrowheads to show me. He finds them along the river. Once he was cleaning up beer cans some kids left down there and "damn near poured beer on one."
He holds his favorite—some kind of club or hammer that gives him deja vu. "When I see this rock it's almost like I've seen it before," he says. "Like I've picked it up before. Maybe in a dream."

6 comments:

cba said...

In a Past Life.

He looks great.

Phew!!!

Goosegirl said...

I do love my bear.

cba said...

Well.. you know how it goes.

You'll look to like if looking liking moves.

Endart those eyes, oh Great Magnet.

neruda said...

Bear looks good even though it has already been said...it is so cool that he finds those arrow heads etc...and has a spirit connection with them...of sorts...great collection...I can dig the no booze thing....ya know....been there still there

Biologist said...

Which tribe? How old? Any ideas?

neruda said...

oh yeah...and I think Bear resembles Sperry Jr in this pic...he kinda has the awareness of awareness look goin' on....ya think?