2.01.2010

roadblock



On Saturday I had finally mustered up my mustard and was heading up the driveway (or road to the road) to do my WalMart's duty, when—oops.
Two trees across the road, the longleaf taken down by the oak.
Bobby came to the rescue. Along with, of course, Lucy. Bobby said he was here the day Lucy showed up. "I tried to run her off," he says. "I know how softhearted Jan is." He thinks Lucy looks like the dogs bred to fight and that she was tossed out of a car because she wouldn't fight. Bobby himself breeds Tennessee Walking Horses, and he has one promising colt that he likes to call "Early Retirement." That way he wouldn't be chainsawing out people's driveways on his day off. Speaking of softhearted.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Well, I need to link up with Bobby & he can share his Tenn. Walking Horse secrets! I've got two 2 yr. old studs out of World Grand Champion TWH's & need some advice!!!

P.S. I joined Facebook & am trying to find you. Help!

P.P.S. I'm serious about Bobby. He sounds like a nice guy to cut down trees for stranded neighbors; the kind of guy who might help a struggling fellow horse owner/lover.

Anonymous said...

claudiassurfcity.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.