10.09.2009

sepulveda


It's great to be back in the greater Los Angeles area. The weather and the tropical foliage are beautiful, yes, but it also feels so manageable. Traffic, sure. But it's so easy to find your way around. Hills, ocean—you're oriented.
Also, thinking back, I guess I've spent quite a lot of time here. In the old days as a movie writer at People in Hollywood and Beverly Hills, on studio lots and at Academy Awards, by the pool at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Then there was the Life era. That was aging surfers and full moon raves and celebrities like Jay Leno and Julianna Margulies, lunches at the Shutters and walks along the Santa Monica pier, watching the surfers in Malibu. Then for Oxygen, I spent months out here at orgies and in nudist colonies (check it out in reruns: Sex Lives on Videotape). And then, of course, my bro and family live here. Anyway, feels wonderful to be back.

6 comments:

Dianne said...

Lucky you to be able to hop around from NY to BI to MO to LA to Mexico on a regular basis!!!

I'm jealous.

Wolfen said...

Oh the places she'll go.

Must be nice to be retired.

cba said...

I don't remember you doing all that. Well, parts of it, vaguely.

I'm shocked, shocked! to think of you at (gasp) orgies.

How does a nice girl from The Heartland go so far agley?

Claudia said...

Isn't that "gang so far agley"?

Kathleen said...

Love the car wash photo.

cba said...

No. It's "Gang aft agley." I assumed you literary types got the abbreviated version.

In any event, "Now I work down at the carwash, where all it ever does is rain.
And I feel like I'm riding on a downtown train."

See?? I can quote Bruce or What's His Name:

http://www.electricscotland.com/burns/mouse.html

Well, anyhow. I want what this carwash has.