10.29.2009

duh

I am an idiot.
Not that I didn't always know it, but I had the opportunity to realize it again yesterday morning at 6:45 when I arrived at LaGuardia for my flight to St. Louis and couldn't understand why I couldn't get the damn machine to spit out my boarding pass.
The lovely gentleman at the counter explained it to me: "Your flight is tomorrow."
Yes, I could get another flight that morning, for approximately $300 more. Even i could do that math: "Taxi!"
So off I go again now.

4 comments:

cba said...

Maybe you could re-write your classic song, "I Reckon I'm Retarded" to suit.

Dianne said...

Please write out the lyrics to that song!

cba said...

She's there with you now, so maybe she can sing it for you.

As I recall, the first stanza goes:

"Well, I woke up this morning
Spilled my coffee on the floor.
Didn't even notice 'till I was halfway out the door."

then the refrain was

"Well, I reckon I'm retarded
But I guess that's how I am"

I know there were more verses, but I'm too retarded to remember them, me.

Erin said...

Guess I shoulda read that travel doc too, hunh.