10.01.2009

i found it


There was a lake behind Hannah's Hideaway this spring. Global warming? All I know is that the rains were tropical, torrential. Or as, Danny would say, "it fell aflood." And the water table was so high that the ground couldn't absorb the inches of precip.
I vowed to find the culvert (as I call it) where the overflow pipe from the freshwater pond feeds in to channel the water to the salt pond.
And I did! Without much digging! Now all that remains is to dig a 20-foot trench for the drainpipe I plan to feed into it. Today.

4 comments:

Phill said...

Looks like a pretty rough putting green, but at least the 'cup' is large.

Dianne said...

Your poor back! Do YOU have to dig all 20 feet?

At least it appears to be not too deeply buried -- it would freeze here!

Dianne said...

P.S. Did you locate the pipe by water-witching?

Anonymous said...

Was it by that red flag all the time?