4.08.2009

thrill hill


The rollercoaster nature of the road to Thomasville will make your stomach do flipflops if you go too fast. Dianne's ranch hand trailered his father's 1947 tractor out to the Goose to smooth out my garden bed. He calls the steep uphill followed by a downhill a "whoopdeedoo." His house is near a doozy, he says. "On a motorcycle, we could leave the ground for quite a distance." One time a kid did it in a Mustang at about 100mph. "All four rims left the ground," says Danny."It made two hops and wound up 15 feet up in a tree." He calls this suicidal and says, "I don't have a grudge again' the world."

6 comments:

Wolfen said...

Guess you won't go so fast now.

otra rubia said...

C'est tres jolie

Kathleen said...

Lovely indeed!
I want to drive down a whoopdeedoo hill but not a 100 mph. Just enough to make my stomach do flipflops.

cba said...

I'm liking Thomasville for my new home more and more.

Did you find out about the gas station?

Oh, yes. I have the perfect House Warming gift for you now. Just came across it cleaning out Dakota's closet.

It's a tomahawk, with a grey-rosin wolf's head attached to the front, just above the blade.

A-woo. You could be Big Chief Runs With Wolves.

I like it. A little long, but appropriate.

Phill said...

We called the small hills a thank-you-ma'am in rural NY. Ref: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thank-you-ma%27am. Ever heard it?

Claudia said...

No. As in wham bam thank you ma'am?