4.23.2009

new york cares


"Hi, this is Tammy. I got a Federal Express package addressed to you?" Due to my having no cell phone reception and her having no answering machine, it took us quite a while to set up a meet. But finally we met by the old bank in Birch Tree. "I wonder what it is," I said. I could see that she was curious, too, so I opened in on her truck window.
Specialty food items! Brie and blue, Japanese and Italian. I gave Tammy the apple crumb cake but did not read her the note from Otra Rubia, who said, "For when you tire of squirrel brains." (!)
And PS, yes, they really do eat them around here, and apparently some of them have mad cow disease. Guess I won't try 'em. Bummer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh take a risk. What are the odds?

Anonymous said...

I am so damn outdone.

You won't even let me send you a housewarming gift, and look at all this!

Oh, well. Wall of Death is on its way to New York. Along with the Secret Super House Gift That Can't Be Eaten.

I'm going to a meeting.

I might have to go back to Pretenses for a three-week refresher course.

The only thing that will make me feel better is buying the gas station. Sigh.

otra rubia said...

That blue vase with those violet flowers (? what are they? not gladioli) is to die for. So pretty.

Hopefully the cheese Is NOT to die for. I guess overnighting is not so overnight in your parts.

Claudia said...

The flowers are purple flag iris from Bear's garden.
The cheese is yummy.
I am still in the process of training the FedEx, UPS, USPO folks. They're getting there--just as I'm leaving.

caseplace said...

Claudia, as the May anniversary approaches here in Oregon, I was wondering about you.. so I googled and found your blog. I have really been enjoying catching up with your life! pam case

Claudia said...

Pam! Nice to hear from you. Has it been 11 years since the shooting in Springfield, Oregon? When it happened I was on my way to Jonesboro, Ark. (not to far from where I am now), to cover their school shooting and changed plans practically in mid air.
I am so glad Tony is doing well (as best I can judge from caseplace). Is he still playing music?

D.R. said...

The spread of yummies makes it look as if Miriam's in town.