4.02.2009

entertainments




Entertainments were held yesterday at the Goose. Newspaper honcho Frank and his bride, Dianne, joined me for plate lunch (pork roast, mashed potatos, fried apples) at the River's Edge cafe, followed by dessert on the veranda at the Goose. At one point we heard an owl hoot. "I've never heard an owl during the day," said Dianne. Said Frank: "Insomnia."
In the evening I was joined by artist/therapist Bill and his high school (and, many years later, current) sweetie, Carla, for cocktail hour (apologies about the deer-in-the-headlights look, guys) and dinner downstairs in the former meth lab. (BTW, my literal-minded friends, I'm just kidding. There was no meth lab here or I wouldn't be here! Jeez!)

4 comments:

Wolfen said...

What, no meth lab? You better come home. Seriously, what's the point. The air in NYC will get you more high. Plus you can babysit my dog.

Claudia said...

PS The Thomasville gas station is closed again after a few days with a "Now Open" sign.
Also, I ain't babysittin no pooch. Do you think i'm on meth???

Wolfen said...

Can't get gas there,, better come North. We'll call it dog sitting then. You did it for another. C'mon, won't you do it for me?

cba said...

Wolfen: Are you sure you want to get a dog? They are a lot of work, you know. Not like cats. You can't leave them for a minute.

But, not to worry. I know that your mother (who still needs a wolf name, by the way) will welcome her new "child" in NYC this summer.

That will be when Kathleen, Cheryl, Dakota and me, you, Chris and the dog all vie for her attention, and a prime spot to sleep on her floors.