1.15.2009

winter blahs


It seems to be about this time of year that I start wondering whether to keep going with this dumb blog. I usually do keep going, and I probably will this time. But I'm ready for a change.
What do you guys want? More videos about the weather? More photographs (most of the one's I've posted recently have been by other people)? More stories about real people like the woman from the Arkansas woods? More news clips? Real estate? (My crisis, BTW, has passed due to the almost total booking out of both houses. Phew.) More of my dreams? Boring stories about acid trips I took decades ago? Sex? Scandal? Neurosis? Travel?
Help me out here. Are you putting your energy into Facebook instead? I know that many of y'all think that a blog is a totally self-focused form, but really, if none of you were reading, I would not be writing. And it's so much better when you comment and make it ours.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a blog (emphasis on the 'log'). It's perfect with just random daily stuff (written well!). If you crave daily comments we readers can work harder. It's a pleasure just to read correct grammar! (today's peeve from Wired.com - blog.wired.com/defense/2009/01/white-phosphoru.html, "...each of which scatters a hundred and sixteen wafers of..." Did they mean, "one hundred sixteen" Are their 'journalists' in junior high?)

Claudia said...

Oops. I'd probably say the same thing they did. I suspect that their writers, like me, were more English than math types in high school!

Anonymous said...

more news and dreams, between the reality and hallucination, more photos, please. c

Anonymous said...

Keep doing what you are doing!

Anonymous said...

I want you to get a Dog. Then you can re-name the blog. Call it something like "The Daily Dog" or "My Life as a Dog Maven"

Or, the obvious: "Claudia's Dog City."

You can entertain even the most season CSC reader with great new comedic episodes.

Like how the Dog won't get in the designer doggie carrier to go to Zabars. Or how it chewed up the guest's suitcase.

A-woof. Havanese of Riverside.

Claudia said...

Jamie did not bring Oscar the Havanese. Even with his new little boots and wool coat, she feared it would be too cold for a California Pup.