1.15.2009

airplane in hudson



This just in. That looks like the tail of an airplane sticking out of the water to me. (Click on pic for larger view.)
Near sunset, my friend at Fox called to say a plane was down in the Hudson River, enroute from LaGuardia to Charlotte. I ran up to the roof. The sirens are whooping, the helicopters hoovering, the boats gathering. According to the news, they seem to have gotten everyone off before it sank. The pilot is a hero—he coulda put it down in Manhattan.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi claudia its flor from mexico. Crazy photo!! I hope your holidays were wonderful!! If you are looking for a change why not come to Mexico?????
Love obsidian and I

Wolfen said...

Uh Oh---that might be the god's suggesting Yelapa. Bet Flor would meet you there...

Anonymous said...

The Block Island High Speed Ferry assisted in the rescue!

Anonymous said...

See! A sign you should keep going with the blog.

As one of your chief commentators, I insist!!

And maybe it's a sign for you to reconsider journalism, ma chere.

Anonymous said...

Nice of the helicopters to vacuum the place.