1.26.2009

happy year of the ox

We are hoping for a better year this year. Obama was born in the Year of the Ox, 1961—"the perfect mix of ying and yang," according to a Malaysian numerologist. The AP reports that "The ox, one of 12 animals in the Chinese zodiac, symbolizes calm, hard work, resolve and tenacity." And the aspects of feng shui appear to be good. This lunar year the elements associated with Ox are harmony and peace. Not since 1949, when the world order was settling down after World War II, has an Ox Year seen two earth signs. Explained one feng shui master, "It is a year for healing ... from the turbulent time the world has experienced." No shit.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Moo Year

Claudia said...

Or as a visual person said,
Happy OXOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

Yes shit. WHY am I getting a notice at the top of my screen that says this blog has been flagged as having "objectionalbe content?" Musta been Karen Hughes.

Claudia said...

I don't know, but I am hoping that having objectionable content adds to my readership.

Anonymous said...

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Anonymous said...

"The ox ... symbolizes calm, hard work, resolve and tenacity." If only I had waited 3 weeks to be born. My timing's never been good.