1.29.2009

coral relief


When we received this invitation to SeaWeb's charity auction benefiting preservation of coral reefs, we were psyched. One of the pieces pictured (the fish) is by Tiffany's Schlumberger and the other, "Coral Relief" is by Hannah Garrison, designer and founder, AZU. Valued at $1100 in sterling with a black diamond, it will be shown at a gala event at Rouge Tomate on February 26 and auctioned on line at CharityBuzz. "For this piece, I was influenced by the reef at my granddad’s house in Jamaica and by the winter waves in my hometown, Block Island, Rhode Island," she says. "Historically, jewelers from Tibet to Peru have used coral in their designs; we still do, but as inspiration only."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Soooo exciting! How wonderful for the creative person to be acknowledged in such a prestigeous and fun way...Yippie and I can't wait to hear more about it...it's strange but I have been using the world as "inspiration only " for as long as I can remember..that's a good one