11.24.2008

the journey begins


The pitchfork was buried underneath the old Victrola, the exercise bicycle, the chipper/shredder, the lawn mower, a couple chairs (natch), four snow shovels and I don't know what all else, but that devil had us going all over New Jersey and as far away as Pennsylvania distributing various things at various of his houses. And then I got the truck stuck on some snowy grass and had to be towed up the driveway--just like the last time I visited that house--in the almost dark by a man who wanted $175 in cash because my Road 'n' Tow service simply didn't "have anyone in your area" and then. . . But then we did have fun, and there wasn't anyone around to say I told you so but ourselves. And we didn't engage in mutual recriminations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so, as Master Bruce say.

"I wish I am blinded, when I see you with your man."

How can Lady, after long stay in Li's native county, revert to drinking beers on sidewalk with this dreaded serial killer?

Can you not see the end in sight?

As is custom of these men, first to move victims from point A to point B, then often to dismember (sob!) them after torture, disposing of lovely bodies in wood chippers and basements, of which this Man, this Danger (Still Wearing) Fleece, has many.

How cruel my Lady's end, how ruthless his gaze!

Anonymous said...

Claudia... made a mistake. Can you please put Mr. Li's name on that first comment?

I'm, like, duh.

Plus Katie has been VERY SICK. For two weeks, with a deadly flu.

Not as deadly as shovel wielding, multi-basement owning, wood-chipper operating serial killers, like my brother and our Ed, but still!!!

So she said to tell you.

Claudia said...

I can't really edit your comments, I can only remove and replace it with another. However, in this case, I don't think it's necessary to announce
The Return of the Elusive Mr. Li!