10.28.2005

enough nature already

Nature is great and everything, but I'm getting a little sick of it. It seems to involve Fed Ex dispatchers that don't arrive, boats that don't run, enormous heating costs you can't afford and a giant tarp on the porch that is too hard to fold up in the wind.
Get me out of Claudia's Surf City and back to New York City.
But I can't leave yet. There's the Historic District meeting on the 8th, the trim to paint, the floor to urethane and, of course, the toilet to put back in. Sheesh.
And then again, the weather's supposed to be nice next week.
Nature.
Why do you like to live where you live?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it. When I read the last post, I said to myself: She's going to max out on this scenic stuff soon. Very soon.
I could detect a cabin fever cadence in your prose, babe.

Anonymous said...

Before the cabin fever and bone chilling cold set in C stated she wanted to stay till Thanksgiving...now that she has come to her senses she finds herself pondering why do you like where you live...she needs
your help fellow blog readers...her conversation has become like the island..
redundant in weather..home repairs..and meetings...SOS!
Your other island needs you
ASAP.

Wolfen said...

Come to where the weather is better...Mexico, mon!
And the constant connection to nature is getting a bit drab...I mean, get back to that city and Juice It Up!

Anywho, we here live in a car. So anythime it seems like a bummer that the house is rattelin'...just lock yourself in the car and sleep at the gas station...okay?

Anonymous said...

I gotta tell you. I lived in our VW camper part of the winter. In Alaska. It was, in short, insanity.

Good think Pablo Neruda and her spouse have arrived on the island . Your mother was getting weird. It occurs to me that if I wrote a personal like she just did on WICSS, Dakota Wolf cub would DIE. Of embarassment, that is.

Wolfen said...

who is Pablo?

And i know...she was getting weird. Sigh. I think the part of me that could die of embarassment died a long time ago...

Claudia said...

Neruda and hubby DID help me roll up the tarp.
I don't get what's so embarrassing.