10.12.2005

wild night

An ecosystem of earwigs, a school of silverfish have come in out of the rain. The house shuddered and shook on its piers last night as 40 mph winds screamed in over the heaving ocean. The tarp covering the beadboard has blown across the porch, and the outside umbrella has broken its neck. I somehow doubt "my" lawyer will be making it to the planning board meeting tonight. The ferry's not running.
No cutting wood today, so I reckon I'll paint.
Yesterday, the woman at the hardware store lent me a very cool little gadget that uses a laser to determine which Benjamin Moore paint color (among thousands) you painted that pesky wall. I took the thing up to the House of Hat, made a lot of readings resulting in about four different colors and ascertained that the one I so admired (OK, House of Hat Owner, envied) was Blue Viola #1424. But since my room's exposure is south (not that you'd know it at the moment), it will look somewhat different. I painted some splotches on the wall and decided it will be just fine.
I hope all of you like the color as well, because a) it's the guest room and b) I'll be wearing it for weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And you wear it well. A little old fashioned, but that's o.k."

Anonymous said...

Yes, House of Hat features an exceptional color scheme on its interior walls. Ahem.
Now at my other estate, we have a wee problem.
The roof over the Albert Pinkham Ryder dressing room is leaking! But not to worry! Even as we speak, four of the National Parks Service finest are on ladders, fixing it.
Are we jealous yet??

Claudia said...

We are. We can't even get our freaking French doors fixed--not that we need them at the mo.
But at least we don't have to be jealous of the blue viola: We got it baybee, abundanza of it.