6.01.2005

blog island

OK, sorry. The DSL is hooked up (one month late), and I'm back.
In self promotion news, my story about MIT is on line now at Discover .
Also, if you're in New York on June 16, come to the book signing for Double Happiness, Magnum photographer Chien-Chi Chang's book with essay by me. The signing is at Aperture's new Chelsea space from 6:00 to 8:00 (547 W. 27th Street
4th Floor). I'm planning to be there.
In my other life as carpenter/landlady, I completed beadboard on the guest bath including window casements (cut with my shitty plastic mitre box) that may not be up to my bros' standards but are well beyond anything I've attempted before. I also scored a throwaway couch from the Peruvian Amanuensis and now have too many couches. I'm thinkling one in the bedroom, one on the porch and one in the living room. Or maybe, since they're all marginal, I should simply take them all to the dump and buy a new one. Nah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bitchin' Photo. Makes me want to sell my car, buy a van, and head south.

Anonymous said...

good information you

write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.