6.17.2005

summer in the city

Not really looking forward to it. I was ready to haul ass out of here and back to the island today when I woke up and it was beautiful out and knew I had to move the car and sit with it until danger of being towed had passed. However, it's Friday and the traffic north sucks, the Tennis Fan wasn't ready to leave and Dangerman, now back at work was muttering about Lunch.
The book signing was great, capped by a frame of The Artist Known as Chang dolefully holding a single broken-stemmed rose. La Otra rubia may still be bearing the chop mark she acquired on her bosom. Went out for oysters afterwards and didn't realize until later why the only East Coast offerings were from Prince Edward Island. Well, duh, red tide, Dork. I guess that's it for shellfish until the R months are back again.
And so I'm off tomorrow. But as of July, I'm back in the city with heat and roommates and houseguests (does no one but me take out the trash?). I'm sure I'll be lookin to get out of town again. Any ideas?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never been the slightest bit tempted to get a tattoo, but after being branded by kimchee, I am seriously reconsidering. His name looked so fetching stamped between my..., well, you know.

As for the red tide, almost said something when I heard you were going out for oysters, but was too polite (another first!) to mention it.

Claudia said...

Actually, it wasn't his name, but the character for "Double Happiness."

Anonymous said...

Oh! Well, he couldn't have stamped me in a more appropriate place.

Anonymous said...

i bet you haven't showered yet

Anonymous said...

and if you go away for the summer maybe i can get a roommate. And charge then the entire rent....hmmm. Just thinking.