5.23.2005

storm warnings

They all left, and I got back to work. Pieced together a wall of beadboard like a jigsaw puzzle and managed to paint it before the weather rolls in. Oceangurl went clamming in the back yard, so after the sawing and the painting, we ate clams and drank beer. Ready to insulate, nail (with my new nail gun) and then start doing moldings. The Contractor told me I better get a mitre box, so I did, but then BI Bro told me it was bogus, a toy, the one I bought, and he'd show me how to use his guide for a skill saw to cut 45-degree angles. Whatever. I'll try to do better moldings than I did in the last room, which I guess is the point. Measure. Remeasure. Measure again. Have to cut inside if it's howling tomorrow. What a late spring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better to be stuck sawing on an island then typing in an office. Real Estate...beware...here I come.