5.02.2005

first blood

Thanks to two brothers-in-law, I got the beadboard loaded at Home Depot and offloaded at home. I forgot the C-clamps, bought the wrong kind of insulation, blew off a number of other small items, but did manage to get everything tarped before it began Raining Like Stuff during Tianli's birthday party. Also attending the party were the Contractor and the Architect and their mates. The Contractor and I talked a little business; the Architect and I did not. Then it was back home to start burning through propane in a effort to dry out the house.
Opening up a summer cottage is the same every year: chase mothballs, free up a window or two, get the pilots lit, check for winter damage, put the Adirondack chairs outside, relay the rugs. Then, in my case, once you got it all together, you destroy it doing home repairs.
So far a splinter in my thumb. But I didn't break a nail yet.

No comments: